Laissez Slacks 7

According to Wikipedia, Laissez faire is loosely translated to “let it be” or “leave it alone.”

It’s a fitting name for these pants, non? Because, if there’s one thing you should do, it’s leave them alone.

That’s not exactly ModCloth’s intent with the name, of course.  Per their description:

Most pants require a conscious effort at styling in order to look good. But these Aryn K. pants? Well, they look good no matter what.

Oh, where do I start?

I can’t decide what I hate most about these. Is it the low crotch? The high waist? The pleating? The fact that all three conspire to make the model appear pear-shaped despite her being genetically superior to the masses? Is it the tapering down to the pegged hems? Maybe it’s how the pants end just above the ankle, making the wearer look kind of stumpy. Or it could be that, from behind, the model appears to have average ass, despite the fact that it makes her look pear-shaped from the front.

So, slip these trousers on, and let them do the work for you!

Oh, they’ll do the work for you, all right. But they’re conspiring against you like the proletariat against the wealthy. Except, in this case, the proletariat is the pants, and your butt is the upper class.

ModCloth Laissez-Faire Pants – $82.99

7 thoughts on “Laissez Slacks

1. Reply Sarah Jun 8, 2010 6:23 pm

See, these are something I wish I could pull off because they look so uncomfortable and Annie Hall but like the romper, comfy and easy in theory and dumpy as hell in real life.

2. Reply Sarah Jun 8, 2010 6:24 pm

Oops, I slipped in my last post. I meant COMFORTABLE. Maybe I’m trying to convince myself they’d itch so that no part of me wants them.

3. Reply Amanda Jun 8, 2010 6:25 pm

I’m pretty sure only Diane Keaton can pull off Annie Hall, and even then she kind of looks like she’s imitating Diane Keaton.

4. Reply Chanel iPhone 6 Wallet Case Apr 3, 2015 2:58 am

Both are super-simple iPad apps that can help even the most uncreative or nontechnical people put together visually interesting digital narratives — a deviation from Adobe’s legacy software. But they’re so simple that there isn’t a ton of room to stretch your creative legs.

5. Reply Hermes iPhone 6 Case Jun 29, 2015 7:11 am

Other than Apple, no company commands the audiences of the Galaxy handset maker. Quite frankly, Samsung deserves its attention, as it makes really great smartphones that consumers love — a simple recipe for success.

6. Reply Chanel iPhone 6S Case Nov 4, 2015 4:41 am

Experts fear a slimmer design could make the iPhone 7 prone to bending. But Unbox Therapy found in its tests that the Series 7000 aluminum in iPhone 6S is almost twice as rigid as the material used in iPhone 6.

7. Reply Self Balance Scooter Apr 12, 2016 3:03 am

Airwheel Z5 looks like the traditional electricity-assisted scooter. The weight of Airwheel Z5 is merely 14 kg. What’s more, Airwheel Z5 is rather portable.