Sterling, Cooper, Draper, Me 7

It’s no secret that I love Mad Men. Of course, that’s not exactly an original thought, as most people who are Mad Men fans don’t just like the show, they worship it. I’d be lying if I didn’t say that there are times when I kind of wish I were Peggy Olsen, tearing the 60s a new one with her magic powers of feminism.

Not the real 60s, obviously, but TV-60s, where everyone is pretty and even the sexism has a glossy sheen to it.

Since I can’t teleport to 1965 – and because Joan would fire me within my first 6 hours of employment – I’ll have to settle for dressing like I’m in the SCDP secretarial pool. And, since the swingin’ 60s have already left their mark on fashion, I can shorten this dress into a miniskirt without being told by Joey that I look like a whore.

ModCloth Let’s Hear It For the Dress – $64.99

7 thoughts on “Sterling, Cooper, Draper, Me

1. Reply Elisa Oct 14, 2010 7:09 am

Hi Amanda!

Thanks so much for featuring our dress on your blog. We’re crushing on Mad Men too! Great choice of sixties flair. :)

Your friend,
    Elisa at ModCloth

2. Reply Ella Oct 14, 2010 2:21 pm

I love Mad Men style and I don’t even watch the show.

3. Reply Chanel iPhone 6 Cases Jun 13, 2015 7:35 am

The sides of the case provide solid corner and side protection while also adding some grip to the iPhone 6 Plus. Very little bulk or weight is added due to the case.

4. Reply LV iPhone 6s Case Nov 4, 2015 6:15 am

With that rumor now in the shelf, what the community needs to know now is, if Samsung will be using Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 820 on its rumored flagship phone. The South Korean tech and phone giant is keeping everything under the blanket and nobody can get any snippet of information so far.

5. Reply Yeezy Boost Apr 12, 2016 11:22 pm

Harden has the all-white nurse’s shoe and colorway called “Haze Salmon” for Easter. Adidas is finally presenting a shoe that is geared specifically for the Rockets.

6. Reply Fake Chanel May 29, 2016 10:51 pm

At the protest, those present brought standees showing ostriches and placards, including with the words “Hentikan Jualan Kejam Kulit Burung Unta”

7. Reply Fake Yeezys Boost May 18, 2017 4:53 am

With a handful of colorways already released, the Brand With the Three Stripes is showing no signs of slowing down on the silhouette, as another colorway is expected to release this year.